How to Resolve HP Office Jet 6500 Printers 'Print head Problem' or Damaged' Error?
Follow these steps in the arrange presented until you resolve the issue.
Step one: Remove, clean, and after that reinstall the printhead
- Press the Power button to turn on your HP printer, if it is not already on.
- Open the cartridge right of the entry door.
- Take out all the cartridges and place them on a piece of paper with the ink opening pointing up. You can Contact HP Printer Customer Support for any help and queries.
Note: Do not leave the cartridge outside of the printer longer than 25-30 minutes. This could damage both your printer and the cartridges.
- Now Lift the latch handle on the print carriage until it stops.
- Now Lift up to remove the printhead.
- Now Clean the printhead.
Here are three areas of the printhead to clean: the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles, the edge between the nozzles, and the electrical contacts. You can Contact HP Printer Customer Support for any help and queries.
- Gather cleaning materials:
- Clean, lint-free cloth or soft paper (Coffee filters and eye-glass cleaning cloth work well.)
- Distilled or bottled water
- Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth, and then wipe the electrical contact area from the bottom to the top. Do not clean further than the edge between the nozzles and the electrical contacts. Dirt-free until no new ink shows on the cloth.
- Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris from the edge between the nozzles and the contacts.
- Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe the plastic ramps on both sides of the nozzles. Wipe away from the nozzles.
- Wipe the previously cleaned areas dry with a dry lint-free cloth before you proceed to the next step.
7. Clean the electrical contacts inside Your Printer:
- Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water.
- To clean the electrical contacts in the printer, wipe with the cloth from top to bottom. Use as many fresh, clean cloths as necessary. Clean until no ink shows on the cloth.
- Wipe the area dry with a dry lint-free cloth before you proceed to the next step. You can Contact HP Printer Customer Support for any help and queries.
8. Ensure that the latch handle is up and after that install the printhead.
9. Carefully lower the latch handle.
10. Use the colored shaped icons for a guide, and after that slide each cartridge into its empty slot until it snaps securely into place. You can Contact HP Printer Customer Support for any help and queries.
Step two: Reset Your HP Printer
Follow these steps to reset your printer.
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already resting on.
- Wait until your HP printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of your printer.
- Unplug the power cord cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 1 minute.
- Plug the power cord cable back into the wall outlet.
Note- HP recommends connecting the printer power cord cable directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of your HP printer.
- Turn on your HP printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until your HP printer is idle and silent before you proceed. You can Contact HP Printer Customer Support for any help and queries.
Note- Ink system failures can reason a carriage stall when the printer resets. If the ink system failure requires that you return your HP printer for service, there is no need to resolve the carriage stall issue.
Step three: Replace the HP Printer printhead
If you have completed all the previous steps and the issue persists, replace your HP printer printhead.
For Further support, if any, Please contact the 24/7 HP Printer Customer helpline number +1-888-621-0339. Or contact us by mail at email@example.com
Click here to know more about HP printer.