Some Facts and Application of Cannabis/CBD
Cannabis, in my opinion as a medical doctor, is one of the most helpful and health providing plants that is abundant on Earth. And, we are at the frontier of our understanding of the benefits that can be derived from this plant.
- This plant has a history of healing that spans thousands of years of recorded history. Each person who grows and cultivates the cannabis plant has the ability through their own selection process to include more THC which is the substance that produces the mind-altering properties, or less THC and more CBD which is known to demonstrate the more healing properties.
- CBD oils have a large amount of CBD, and are very low in THC. These CBD oils are prepared intentionally for their healing qualities and not for their ingestion to “get high.”
- CBD oil, for example, has been shown in studies to control pain. A 2006 article published in the Journal of Pharmacology/European noted the “substantial anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects” of CBD by inhibiting neural transmissions in pain pathways.
- It has been noted in a medical journal entitled Inflammation, that internal inflammation is very likely the root cause of about 7 out of 10 chronic diseases.
- Therefore, it’s logical to deduce that controlling inflammation by the use of CBD oil will ultimately reduce the symptoms of many of the diseases from which we currently suffer.
Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases
Our cardiovascular system is made up of our heart, lungs and blood vessels. This system is not only responsible for keeping our heart beating regularly, but it also is responsible for transporting nutrients, and oxygen to our cells, and disposing of waste products that a healthy functioning body produces.
Due to the importance of the cardiovascular system, it’s quite obvious that any malfunctioning or illnesses involving this system could have catastrophic consequences. It just so happens that diseases of the cardiovascular system are among the leading causes of death worldwide. Conditions within this category include chronic rheumatic heart diseases, hypertension, coronary heart disease, stroke, and diseases of the arteries, arterioles, and capillaries.
There are many causes of cardiovascular diseases. Major factors are poor diet, lack of sufficient exercise, genetic predisposition and others.
However, regardless of these factors, CBD is proving to be of great benefit in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. There is an ever-growing body of evidence that shows that CBD is beneficial to lowering the inflammation in blood vessels – therefore benefit cardiovascular health.
Research is proving CBD to be an effective therapeutic agent for a whole host of health conditions, including cardiovascular diseases. Evidence suggests that CBD is beneficial to the cardiovascular system, with many studies pointing towards the cannabinoid’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidative effects as the key to its therapeutic action.
From Nature’s Own Doctor, this is Thomas A Gionis, MD wishing you great health through what Nature provides.