An essay in English is a kind of creative work with an arbitrary composition that reveals the author’s opinion on a particular problem of a social, cultural or historical plan. This is not an essay, article, abstract.
The essay is very similar to essay-reasoning, the main difference is in the purpose of writing. The essay always contains a conclusion, and the essay only prompts the reader to think and make his own. In the essay, the author only argues, raises relevant topics, but does not conclude, unlike the essay. The most important thing in your essay it's topic. If you should write Romeo and Juliet essay then it would be better for you to look for some Romeo and Juliet essay prompts and analyze the structure. First of all, the abstract is larger in volume - about five pages, while the essay most often takes one and a half to two pages. And in the essay, the narrative is written on behalf of the author, and the abstract is a report on a clearly defined topic.
Types of Essays
For & Against Essays.
Points to consider.
"Pros and cons"
The main task is to consider two existing points of view. It is important to objectively evaluate both positions and express your understanding of each of the parties.
1. Introduction - you need to characterize the topic that will be discussed, without expressing your own opinion.
2. The main part - you need to write your opinion about the problem, give examples and evidence.
3. Conclusion - you are summing up and summarizing all of the above. Remember that in this type of essay you should not draw a specific conclusion, you can only distribute all the arguments into two bowls.
It is important to express your position on a particular problem. Give examples, arguments in favor of their opinion and transparently express their position.
1. Introduction - indicate the issue that will be addressed, as well as your position.
2. The main part - you need to specify the opinions opposite to yours, explain why they have a right to exist, and also give arguments in favor of your opinion.
3. Conclusion - you once again express your point of view in other words.
“Problem and solution”
The essay "Problem and Solutions" is written in a formal style. It is important to pose the problem, then consider ways to solve it.
1. Introduction (you report a problem).
2. The main part (you need to show possible solutions to the problem and its consequences).
3. Conclusion (you express your own opinion about solving the problem).
Stick to the structure. Remember to use the draft. Make notes to yourself, outline the plan, sketch out a list of all the arguments before you start writing. It is important to be fully prepared and prepared for any topic.
It’s best to prepare for an essay in advance. Write as much as possible, be inspired to write an essay in English on a topic unfamiliar to you, whether it is animal salvation or the trends of world art. Thus, no matter what topic you come across, you can develop it based on the knowledge and experience gained during the preparation.
The essay may be perfect in content, but if it contains grammatical errors, everything is gone. Be sure to remember to check your work after writing. It is advisable to do this twice. First from the very beginning to the end, and then in the reverse order to find errors in words.
Be sure to follow the style of one of the three types of essays in the entire work. Specificity is important in the essay, but you should not make it too short. Most often, an essay consists of 180-320 words, depending on the purpose of writing. Do not forget about linking words. They show the literacy of the author. And use quotes that will confirm this or that opinion.