APEMIP - Associação dos Profissionais e Empresas de Mediação Imobiliária de Portugal (Portuguese Real Estate Professionals and Brokers Association) it’s a private legal entity of national scope, which was set up 41 years ago.
Since its very beginning, APEMIP’s main concern is to protect the legitimate interests of the professional group that it represents by:
• Advocating for the profession;
• Securing public support and trust in the real estate profession;
• Promoting property rights and real estate issues;
• Ensuring high standards of ethics and professionalism.
APEMIP, with head office in Lisbon, is also represented in its Regional Delegations, to be closer and better support its associates of the Northern, Central and Southern regions of the Country, also creating representation offices in Madeira and Azores Atlantic islands.
Apart from being a reputed Association that is acknowledged by the Government and the public institutions, APEMIP is also an association whose opinion is considered and regarded by the mass media.
Over the last few years we have carried out several initiatives that enlarged APEMIP and contributed for the improvement of the real estate business by creating the first collective labor agreement for the real estate. Additionally, we have prepared and published the first book on the activity entitled “Guide of the Real Estate Profissionals” and we were the first Association to be able to officially provide professional training courses for realtors and its agents.
With the purpose of continuing to establish and improve Portuguese real estate, APEMIP developed, recently, new services to its associates:
• APEMIP TV - Portugal's first corporate television totally dedicated to the real estate business (www.apemip.tv);
• APEMIP Net PRO - A software created exclusively for the Portuguese and global real estate industry;
• CasaYES - One of Portugal’s most important Real Estate Websites for companies and consumers.(www.casayes.pt);
• APEMIP Real Estate Academy - Provides real estate courses, as well as the Continuing Education curriculum (http://academia.apemip.pt).
From an international perspective, APEMIP is a major member of the FIABCI - International Real Estate Federation, presiding the Portugal Chapter of this international reputed organization, which congregates worldwide real estate professionals. Portugal also a member of CEPI-CEI with head office in Brussels, whose main focuses are the European real estate issues.